now browsing by category
This week’s Podcast is about getting unexpected media mentions (and whether your website is prepared) plus two other questions I’ve received recently.
How To Prepare for Media Mentions about Your Product Or Service
If you’re mentioned online or offline in newspapers, articles, Press Releases or any other place, it’s important to know WHO visits your websites as this is free advertising. Being able to capture the visitor’s email name is your most important task.
- Have a website or blog or somewhere else you can capture email names
- Create an irresistible offer – something your web visitors would LOVE, something which solves their problem, need or question
- Try a PDF, a video, a checklist or other piece of valuable information you can share to show your expertise
- Sign up for a Newsletter service, set up some automated emails to keep the subscribers interested over a period of days or weeks
- Add the Sign-Up Form to your website, blog etc
- Make sure the Sign-up Notifications are sent direct to your email name
- Remember to follow up and ASK QUESTIONS to make sure you know exactly what your web visitors are looking for, and then PROVIDE what they need to solve their problem, need etc
- Don’t try to sell your product or service in the first email, build up a relationship over several emails, allow them to get to know, like and trust you
- wait for at least 3 emails before telling them about your “paid solution” for them
- go back to them regularly, as it can take more than 7 points of contact before someone buys from you; some people might not buy for weeks or months, so it’s your job to provide great information in the meantime to help them to understand you’ve got the best solutions for them.
I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions 🙂