How to get on page 1 on Google map searches?
Brian's question: "How to get on page 1 on Google map searches in my Social Media Campaigns?" is a very good one.
Hey Brian, I know it is going to sound crazy, but it's not ALL about "being on Page 1 of Google" - it's about results.
Here are a couple of questions for you:
- Have you been tracking the progress of the site/s since the first day you started your video marketing campaign?
- Did you make notes on where the website was in relation to searches online?
- What are the clickthrough rates from someone visiting the website after viewing the video marketing on different sites?
- Is it easy to find the website via normal search engines?
- Has the website climbed the ranks in the normal search engines? [You can work out what this is only if you documented where the site was before the campaign started, e.g. Postion 3, Search Results Page (SERP) 17.]
- What else has been achieved as a direct result of the campaign? New Newsletter sign-ups? Phone calls from potential clients (these are being tracked, aren't they?)
- How is the site now ranking against other competitors, compared to BEFORE the campaign started?
Suggestion for your next Social Media Campaign
If you document all this BEFORE your campaign starts, and track results during and after the campaign, you'll be able to see the improvements. Focus on the areas which worked the best for that campaign, and repeat.
If you're guaranteeing clients they'll get on Page 1 of Google Search Results, that's not a good promise to make as it's totally out of your control.
Guaranteeing results in measurable ways (as mentioned above) is what counts.
PS - if the website you used in the Social Media Campaign isn't your own website, make THAT your next client. :-) Then you'll be able to show future prospective clients how well you know your Social Media WORKS!
Create a Social Media Campaign Tracking Sheet
Document the website's position (in the areas mentioned above) in a spreadsheet and track it for a month, with snapshots etc - this can be your social proof.
Best of luck and congratulations on your first campaign!